These chocolate cakes are gluten free and very chocolatey. They are a fun treat in small portions.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Grease a mini muffin tray.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stir occasionally and once melted set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, crack the eggs and add sugar in a separate large bowl, and with a hand-held electric whisk, beat on a high speed for 4-5 minutes or until pale and creamy.
4. Stir the salt and arrowroot into the melted chocolate until combined. Pour half of the egg mixture into the chocolate, stirring gently. Stir in the remaining half until well combined.
5. Half fill the muffin tins with the chocolate mixture and bake for 7-10 minutes.