This recipe is very quick when you have leftover cooked chicken on hand.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh root ginger
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 175ml chicken stock
- 500g cooked free-range chicken, shredded
- 100g frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- Rice, to serve
In a large pan, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Add the chilli powder and garam masala and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes over a very low heat. Stir in the chicken and peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the fresh coriander and serve with rice.