Chicken bites with cornflake crust
This recipes is our version of healthy chicken nuggets.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 100g of cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 500g boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts, cut into 2x4cm pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 200.C/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Put the flour onto one large plate and the egg in a shallow bowl. Place the cornflakes in a separate bowl and crush lightly with the back of a spoon.
Don’t crush them too much or they won’t have any texture. Stir in the paprika and Parmesan.
3. Dip the chicken pieces first into the flour, then egg and then the cornflake
mixture. Place onto the lined baking tray. Bake for 10–12 minutes.
Add the chicken, stir-fry vegetables and noodles, bring to the boil and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
Add the spring onions, coriander and lime wedges and drizzle with the remaining soy sauce. Serve immediately.