Low in sugar and great on the go for breakfast or a snack. While preparing the ingredients, delegate the banana peeling and mashing to your little helpers.
- Butter or cooking spray for greasing
150g dried cranberries
75g mixed seeds
150g rolled oats
3 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
25 g butter
1 ripe banana, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
2. Put the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Put the oil, butter and honey into a medium pan and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl. Stir in the mashed banana and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and press the mixture down with a spatula, to form an even layer. Bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool completely, and then cut into 5 x 10cm bars.
Tip: You can store these in an airtight container for a few days or in the fridge