Salmon burgers recipe
Healthy salmon burgers which are family favourites for both toddlers and children. Quinoa is a great source of protein and a good alternative to potato - so it's win-win for everyone!
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 150g cooked salmon, boned, skinned and flaked
- 100g smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Juice of 0.5 lemon
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 1.5 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed sunflower oil for frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the oil.
Divide the mixture into 4 even-sized patties. Place on the lined tray and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the fishcakes over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve on their own or with a side vegetable.
Have you tried?
Our melt-in-the-mouth Mini Cod Fishcakes are made with 100% sustainably sourced Atlantic cod fillet, a creamy Cheddar cheese sauce, petits pois and potato, covered in a crispy golden crumb. Serve as a protein-packed savoury snack, in yummy mini cod burgers or as part of a main meal with mashed sweet potato and veg.View Product