Green pea hummus recipe
Nutritious chickpeas blended with lots of lovely green veggies & herbs making them a great way to introduce little foodies to exciting new flavours.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g cooked frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
Put the chickpeas, cooked frozen peas, lemon juice, garlic and tahini into a food processor and whiz. Add the olive oil, salt and fresh mint and whiz again. For a smoother mixture, add 2 tablespoons water and whiz again.
Cover and chill for up to 2 days.