Simple chicken stir-fry recipe
A simple chicken stir-fry, full of delicious crunchy veg, makes a brilliant mid-week supper for all the family.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed sunflower oil
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 300g boneless, skinless free-range chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 100g broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 300g pre-cooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Sesame oil, for drizzling
In a small bowl mix together the honey, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
Heat a wok or a deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat. Add half the sunflower oil. When hot, add the chilli, garlic, spring onions and chicken. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Tip the mixture out onto a plate and wipe the wok clean with kitchen paper.
Add the remaining oil and when hot, add the broccoli, carrots and red pepper and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for a further minute until the chicken is heated right through. Stir through the noodles, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Have you tried?
One of the nation's favourite curries, tailored to meet your toddler's nutritional needs. Our delicious Chicken Korma is made with pieces of tender British chicken and sweet potato in a mildly-spiced coconut sauce, alongside soft Basmati rice in a separate compartment. We've added mild spices - like ginger, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and paprika to gently introduce little foodies to some interesting new flavours. Plus, this tasty dish provides 1 of your little one's recommended 5 a day.View Product