Baby’s first vegan burger
This guest recipe from our nutritionist Charlotte Stirling-Reed is a delicious and easy way to get some veg into your little one!
- ½ x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and mashed well
- ½ x 400g tin black beans, drained
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp plain flour (or use a gluten-free alternative)
- olive oil, for cooking
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Put all the ingredients (aside from the oil) in a bowl and mix really well with your hands. Crush the ingredients together really well – it might take a little time and effort to get them really well mixed.
Shape the mixture into 6 small burger shapes and sprinkle each with a little oil. Place on the lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (turn them halfway through)
Serve with Tomato Salsa and Chickpea Dip in mini burger buns or warmed pitta breads, and a side of greens.