Simple Tomato Sauce
This is a delicious and quick recipe, an essential basic that can be adapted for lots of dishes. It can also be frozen in large batches.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Here's what you do
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add the tomatoes and season with black pepper.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
Serves 6 children or a family of 4